What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Teeth become discolored for different reasons:
- Frequently drinking coffee, tea, or colas.
- Some antibiotics may darken developing teeth in children.
- Aging - The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually
darkens with age.
- Use of tobacco products.
- Accidents - If a tooth has
been traumatized, sometimes the nerve will gradually "die",
and the tooth becomes dark.
- After Root Canal Therapy,
a tooth will generally darken.
What Can Be Done About Tooth Discoloration?
The four most common remedies for tooth discoloration are
Each patient must be evaluated individually, so Contact
Us to set up a Cosmetic Dentistry
consult. Dr. Dunn or Dr. Castro
will discuss the appropriate options with you for your particular